In September 2018, the BFUG formally established this Thematic Peer Group B on the Lisbon Recognition Convention (TPG B on LRC) – more specifically on Key Commitment 2 (national legislation and procedures compliant with the Lisbon Recognition Convention) – based on the interests and needs indicated by the BFUG members and Consultative members in a survey conducted during the summer of 2018.
Specific thematic indications include topics such as:
- establishing the legal framework to allow the implementation of the LRC,
- establishing the distribution of work and responsibilities among the competent institutions that have the right knowledge and capacity to carry out recognition procedures,
- achieving automatic recognition,
- recognition of alternative pathways,
- qualifications held by refugees,
- optimising the potential of digital technology for the recognition agenda and the Diploma Supplement.