In September 2018, the BFUG formally established this Thematic Peer Group A on Qualifications Framework (TPG A on QF) – more specifically on Key Commitment 1: a three-cycle system compatible with the overarching frameworks of the EHEA and first and second cycle degrees scaled by ECTS – based on the interests and needs indicated by the BFUG members and Consultative members in a survey conducted during the summer of 2018.
Specific thematic indications include topics such as:
- self-certification of the national qualification frameworks the overarching Qualifications Framework of the EHEA,
- complete implementation of the ECTS User’s Guide,
- short cycle higher education,
- multiple purposes and use of the qualifications frameworks by the stakeholders,
- study programmes outside of the Bologna three-cycle structure,
- relationship between the qualifications frameworks and quality assurance.